Monday, April 20, 2009

matter of course

Hot buns rolled over my toes while I waited to cross main street. I clutched my throbbing foot hopping up and down on my one peg-leg. The ice cream truck flustered through traffic to put out the fire. A cone load of frosty coated my leg from a headlight and my hot toe melted right to the surface because the rest of my leg dissappeared from all the fuss. The big red toe glowed like a cherry bomb smoking over the sidewalk. It looked at me and peeled back the nail to say, "certainly there is buffet dining". The hot toe buzzed of at lightspeed to an all-you-can-eat. I invited a mailbox to swallow me which he obliged and later that week I was a mailorder birthday cake at the reception for a mailorder bride in Pennsylvania. I have lost a leg and been through the wash. My favorite part was when the mailman drove drunk on the golf course.

No comments: