Friday, March 6, 2009

big day

it's a big day out there. brushing my teeth with peanut brittle
seemed like a bad idea. i had a go at it
and washed it down with carrot milk. i considered
taking off my pants and toppling the pyramid of cereal
like a fat cyclops, so i popped my camera and
wrapped thirty-six exposures around my skull.
celluloid headband with sprocket holes for cranks.
a dumb child hatched from a globe beside me,
"fascinated by my yo-yo? should be. it's an omega fireball,
it glows in the dark" i swept him up with a bok-choy. i'm trying to think damn it! about these sponges, these creme eggs stuffed with buffed fondant, this hairnet microphone, fish pouch, foil balloon, pumpkin liqueur, a real midnight puzzler.
but anyway, my name is Mark. I'm kinda dusty
so beat me bloody out back and I'll clean up nice.
i pocketed some pickles, we could picnic after?
fruity pebbles is my stage name. I'm dancing
at the Hollywood with Sugarhouse tonight.
no doubt, i have an impressive mask collection but
I'm going to need to borrow yours.
that one is just the ticket.

No comments: